[SciPy-user] Windows build help

Gary pajer at iname.com
Mon Nov 20 21:24:15 CST 2006

I'm trying to build the latest svn version on WinXP so that I can have a
compatible up to date set {numpy, scipy, mpl}

I'm using the instructions on scipy.org.  I've got MinGW gcc 3.4.5 and
g77 3.4.5 (do I need anything else from MinGW?) , and the atlas prebuilt
libraries.  I've modified site.cfg, and also set ATLAS = \correct\path

Twice near the top of the build it tells me that Atlas (http://math....)
libraries can't be found, but a few lines later it tells me under
"lapack_info:" that it has FOUND:  libraries = ['lapack', 'cblas'].

But a raft of errors start during the compilation of odepack (I think)
with lots of messages like
undefined reference to 'daxpy_'
and many others.

Any suggestions?