[SciPy-user] Installing scipy with fftw in non-standard location

Joris De Ridder joris at ster.kuleuven.ac.be
Tue Nov 21 08:31:55 CST 2006

Thanks, Stefan, for your answer. I'm afraid, though, it didn't solve the problem.
Following your example, I tried a few more examples/combinations but the setup
script always states that

fft_opt_info:
fftw3_info:
  libraries fftw3 not found in /software/Python-2.5/lib
  libraries fftw3 not found in /usr/local/lib
  libraries fftw3 not found in /usr/lib
  fftw3 not found
  NOT AVAILABLE

fftw2_info:
  libraries rfftw,fftw not found in /software/Python-2.5/lib
  libraries rfftw,fftw not found in /usr/local/lib
  libraries rfftw,fftw not found in /usr/lib
  fftw2 not found
  NOT AVAILABLE

dfftw_info:
  libraries drfftw,dfftw not found in /software/Python-2.5/lib
  libraries drfftw,dfftw not found in /usr/local/lib
  libraries drfftw,dfftw not found in /usr/lib
  dfftw not found
  NOT AVAILABLE

djbfft_info:
  NOT AVAILABLE

  NOT AVAILABLE

Apparently, it ignored my pointer to the FFTW lib/include directories.

As you perhaps guessed, I am trying to build
Python2.5 + Atlas + Lapack + Numpy 1.0 + FFTW + scipy
on a Suse Linux machine without root password. Hence my non-standard directories.
I got everything else working, only FFTW seems to fail.

Any other help is still much appreciated!

Cheers,
Joris