[SciPy-user] ANOVA test (?)

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 21:45:46 CST 2006

Steve Lianoglou wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was looking in the archives to see if scipy has an ANOVA
> implementation. There are some older emails that indicate there was a
> scipy.stats.anova method, but all traces of that seem to be gone.
>
> Am I missing something?

It is now in the sandbox:

  http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/scipy/browser/trunk/Lib/sandbox/stats

The original author, Gary Strangman, removed it from his stats.py module (where
we originally got it from) because he wasn't comfortable with its
implementation. It worked for what he originally wrote it for, but the way it is
currently written, it's very difficult to demonstrate that it is correct. It
won't be returning to scipy.stats in any similar form; it will have to be pretty
much entirely rewritten.

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."