[SciPy-user] what's the meaning of scipy.signal.lfilter for rank >2

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Fri Nov 24 01:24:41 CST 2006

Hi,

    I was wondering what's the meaning of the function lfilter when the
input has a rank > 2.
        - the documentation says that lfilter applies a 1d filter to the
input x
        - the documentation also says that the filter is applied to each
subarray along the axis argument.

    If x has a rank > 2, should the function fail ? For now, I have
segfaults when trying to use arrays of rank > 2, and I wanted to be sure
about the expected behaviour before submitting a report,

    cheers,

    David