[SciPy-user] dual core scipy in windows (signal.lsim2)

Ryan Krauss ryanlists at gmail.com
Sat Nov 25 12:03:40 CST 2006

I am running a python script that is taking 10-15 seconds to run a
signal.lsim2 command (the number of steps I am asking for is fairly
high).  I am fairly certain that lsim2 is mainly using ode routines in
FORTRAN.  I am running this script on windows right now and noticed
that when I look at the task manager performance indicator, python is
using only 50% of my cpu.  I think this is because it is using only
one core of my dual core processor.  Is there an easy way to take
better advantage of dual core processors with scipy in Windows?  Is
the situation much different in Linux (Ubuntu)?

Thanks,

Ryan