[SciPy-user] matplotlib on osx

Rob Hetland hetland at tamu.edu
Wed Oct 4 14:01:46 CDT 2006

OK.  I would like to change my answer.

I was just installing MPL on a student's new MacBook.  He had
installed Python 2.5 (only), and we tried to get the svn version of
MPL working after a successful install of numpy.  MPL segfaulted.

Then we installed python 2.4.3, and the numpy and mpl packages
available from macpython.  These worked -- and also fixed the mpl
that was installed in python 2.5!

I didn't have time to dig around to see what was actually changed,
but I thought this was strange, and interesting enough to report,

-Rob