[SciPy-user] weave broken with GCC 4.1.x

James A. Bednar jbednar at inf.ed.ac.uk
Thu Oct 5 08:48:42 CDT 2006

|  From: Travis Oliphant
|  Date: Oct  5 07:41:41 2006 -0600
|
|  James A. Bednar wrote:
|
|  >Hi all,
|  >
|  >I've looked in the mailing-list archives and Trac for an answer to
|  >this question, but couldn't find anything relevant:
|  >
|  >- Is there a standalone version of weave (not requiring the rest of
|  >  SciPy) that works with GCC 4.1.x?
|  >
|  >

|  Just check weave out from svn by itself and install it using
|
|  python setup.py install
|
|  This should work.

Thanks for the quick reply!  However, that won't work unless you have
numpy installed already:

  $ svn co http://svn.scipy.org/svn/scipy/trunk/Lib/weave weave
  A    weave/converters.py

  A    weave/examples/vq.py
  Checked out revision 2241.
  $ cd weave/
  $/weave> named numpy.distutils.core
  $/weave> python setup.py install
  Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "setup.py", line 14, in ?
      from numpy.distutils.core import setup
  ImportError: No module named numpy.distutils.core
  $

Jim