[SciPy-user] Installation Problems on Mac OS X

Steve Lianoglou lists.steve at arachnedesign.net
Wed Oct 11 16:39:11 CDT 2006

Just a stab in the dark, but it still looks like you don't have a
fortran compiler that scipy can find.

Look in your output here:

> Could not locate executable g77
> Could not locate executable f77
> Could not locate executable gfortran
> Could not locate executable f95
  ... and ...
> compiling Fortran sources
> Fortran f77 compiler: f95 -fixed -O4 -target=native
> Fortran f90 compiler: f95 -O4 -target=native
> Fortran fix compiler: f95 -fixed -O4 -target=native
> compile options: '-c'
> f95:f77: Lib/fftpack/dfftpack/dcosqb.f
> sh: line 1: f95: command not found
> sh: line 1: f95: command not found
> error: Command "f95 -fixed -O4 -target=native -c -c
> Lib/fftpack/dfftpack/dcosqb.f -o

It says it can't find any fortran compiler (including f95), then it
tries to use "f95" .. so ... that's what looks fishy to me.

Can you find f95 in your path? Maybe it's installed in /usr/local/bin
and  you need to add that (but maybe scipy will find it by some other
means(?))

-steve