[SciPy-user] Wrong plot with matplotlib

Vinicius Lobosco vinicius.lobosco at gmail.com
Sun Oct 22 20:46:06 CDT 2006

Dear Robert!

Thanks for your prompt response. You're right, I should have given betten
exaple, but I think it tourned out to be a problem on my machine. Tried with
xplt and got the same results. But the problem was solved magically :-D
There was an available scipy package not already installed from urpmi
although I already had scipy on my machine :-S  When I installed it, it
worked fine. I guess it was a kind of a old version of scipy conflict
somehow. Maybe I've installed it from subversion before. Thanks anyway.

Best regards, Vinicius

2006/10/23, Robert Kern <robert.kern at gmail.com>:

> Vinicius Lobosco wrote:
> > Hi folks!
> >
> > I have a very strange problem. After some calculations, I try to plot a
> > graphic with pylab. But it doesn't plot the right data. If i print the
> > data to the screen (with print), they are allright, but not if I plot
> > with pylab 0.83 on Mandriva. The same script on a Ubuntu machine with
> > pylab 0.82 works fine. The code also works fine if vectorise the
> > __call__ of a class function. Have anyone had simular problems with
> pylab?
>
> You will need to ask on the matplotlib-users list.

> However, you will also need to provide more information. Please try to
> come up
> with a small example that displays the problem. Post the code and
> copy-and-paste
> any error messages that are printed.
>
> --
> Robert Kern

> enigma
>   that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though
> it had
>   an underlying truth."
>    -- Umberto Eco

Vinicius Lobosco, PhD