[SciPy-user] Trouble installing on OSX 10.4 Intel

John Hassler hasslerjc at adelphia.net
Thu Sep 14 15:51:54 CDT 2006

I got the "No module named matplotlib.pylab" error.  I'd installed from
the windows installer, and after some considerable head-scratching,
figured out that the __init__.py file was missing from the matplotlib
module ... so Python didn't recognize it as a module.  I found the file
in the unzipped .egg, copied it to matplotlib, and everybody seems to be
happy.
john