[SciPy-user] Trouble installing on OSX 10.4 Intel

Conor Robinson conor.robinson at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 16:02:00 CDT 2006

David,

I just tried "from pylab import *" and got the same error.  It looks
to me that python is not understanding matplotlib. as the dir for
pylab.py  I tried copying the actual pylab into the python2.4 dir or
site-packages dir (replace pylab.py int version) so it finds it first
before the current pylab init and then it can't find cm.py and im
assuming the rest of the modules.  I've currently been unsing
gnuplot.py so I never bothered testing this, but it would be nice to
make it work.  Fairly sure this is a dir issue.  Any ideas?

Conor