[SciPy-user] 3d interpolation

Angus McMorland amcmorl at gmail.com
Sat Sep 16 05:37:54 CDT 2006

Hi Fabian,

On 16/09/06, Fabian Braennstroem <f.braennstroem at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to do some 3d interpolations. Is it possible
> with scipy or should I use something different?

I haven't found any specifically 3-D interpolation routines in scipy, but
have used 1-D interpolations successively over each axis to achieve
something similar. Have a look at the congrid routine listed in the cookbook
(http://www.scipy.org/Cookbook/Rebinning) for an example of how this can be
done.

Disclaimers:
I wrote this when I was just starting to understand numpy so I'm afraid it's
ugly and deserving of a rewrite.
Also, as I've said there, I'm not actually sure how technically appropriate
it is to do interpolation this way, but the results looks about right. Can
anyone offer a more educated opinion?

In any case, I hope that helps,

Angus.
--