[SciPy-user] Does scipy have a function to...?

Sebastian Haase haase at msg.ucsf.edu
Mon Sep 25 23:05:36 CDT 2006

Hi,
we have used scipy cobyla minimaziation successfully to minimize square
error of a parameterized function to data points while obeying the
constrain that "function - datapoint" is strictly non-negative.
"function" could be anything that can be given by a python function (you
might need scipy.vectorize) !!
It worked grate.
Just used
from scipy.omtmize import cobyla  (this is from memory - but should be
close)
and follow the example in the source code.
Sebastian Haase