[SciPy-user] Does scipy have a function to...?

David Douard david.douard at logilab.fr
Thu Sep 28 02:23:33 CDT 2006

On Mon, Sep 25, 2006 at 06:11:02PM -0400, Bill Dandreta wrote:
> What I want is a smooth curve that serves as an upper limit for a data
> plot. I would like it to be close to the data at the local maxima.
>
> Does such a function exist?

I'm pretty sure such a need is quite common, even for people not very
skilled in maths (for which the tips given in replies to your message
are not necessarily meaningful).
So I would recomend that you (or someone else that already did this) add a
page to the cookbook explaining a simple way of doing this.

David