[SciPy-user] Debian Sarge and Python

Seweryn Kokot skokot at po.opole.pl
Fri Sep 29 04:01:27 CDT 2006

Hello,

I've started reading this group for 5 days and I find the discussions
really interesting. For some time I also started with Python and
looking forward to replacing Matlab with SciPy/Matplotlib and
friends.
The problem is that I'm using Debian Sarge and the packages are so
outdated especially in the case of SciPy and Matplotlib which are in
continous and fast progress.
Of course I could compile all the packages myself but I'm wondering if
there are some other Debian Sarge users and how they cope with the
problem?

Any suggestions?
Regards,
Seweryn Kokot