[SciPy-user] Pros and Cons of Python verses other array environments

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Fri Sep 29 08:40:10 CDT 2006

Scott Zelakiewicz wrote:

> When it comes to the distribution, I like Enthought's Python package, but it is
> only for Windows.  What I have done for Linux is set up a gar make system (also
> used by konstruct and gargnome) to build everything anyone needs to get a python
> system up and running.
This is a really good idea, so good that I am surprised nobody thought
about it before :) I didn't know that gar was usable outside gnome. I
have used this systeme to test some gnome beta, and it was a good
experience overall (specially compared to the nightmare of building
gnome by yourself).

David