[SciPy-user] Pros and Cons of Python verses other array environments

Bryce Hendrix bhendrix at enthought.com
Fri Sep 29 16:05:54 CDT 2006

Yes, we're working on splitting ETS up and getting the dependencies
right. We've stripped it down to 14 MB though, scipy is 12.7 MB, so its
getting in the same ballpark. I've currently got the entire Python
Enthought Edition down to about 90 MB spread across about 50 eggs. The
next version will be (optionally) much leaner.

Bryce