[SciPy-user] Experimental design

Vincent Nijs v-nijs@kellogg.northwestern....
Thu Apr 5 22:48:04 CDT 2007

Does anyone know of code available for scipy or python that generates
factorial experimental designs?

The macros I currently use are available freely for sas (see link below).

http://support.sas.com/techsup/tnote/tnote_stat.html#market

Any suggestions are welcome.

Here is a brief description of the macros I use.

"This macro calculates reasonable sizes for main-effects experimental
designs.  It tries to find design sizes in which perfect balance and
orthogonality can occur or at least sizes in which violations of
orthogonality and balance are minimized."

"The MktTex macro is a full-featured linear designer that can handle simple
problems like main-effects designs and more complicated problems including
designs with interactions and restrictions on which levels can appear
together.  The macro is particularly designed to easily create the kinds
of linear designs that marketing researches need for conjoint and choice
experiments.  It does not create for example Latin Squares, randomized
blocks, response surface, resolution IV, or other specialized designs
that are not as widely used in marketing research."

Vincent