[SciPy-user] is there an easy way to extend/continuate a modulo function ?

Stef Mientki s.mientki@ru...
Sun Apr 15 08:55:50 CDT 2007

In comparing different filters, I plot the phase of the transfer function

    # calculate the transfer function
    h,w = signal.freqz ( filt_coeff[0], filt_coeff[1] )
    # calculate the phase angle
    w_Phase = arctan( imag(w) / real(w))

Now the phase-angle "w_Phase" flips around pi/2 and -pi/2,
which of course is logical.
But supposse I want to continuate the phase over the pi/2 border,
(and I know that phase at either first or last element is zero),
is there an easy way to accomplish that ?

thanks,
Stef Mientki