[SciPy-user] Fast saving/loading of huge matrices

Fri Apr 20 01:51:07 CDT 2007

On 20/04/07, Gael Varoquaux <gael.varoquaux@normalesup.org> wrote:

> This code is not general enough to go in pytables, but if the list wants
> to improve it a bit, then we could propose it for inclusion, or at least
> put it on the cookbook.

I have a similar but even more basic hack to get pickle-based
persistence in ipython - keeps track of a list of names, then saves a
dict extracted from globals() to a pickle on disk. It's handy to be
able to store classes, and for now I'm not worried about compatibility
in the pickle protocol (which is supposed to be pretty good, actually;
the first pickle protocol ever is still implemented) though finding
class implementations can be a problem.

Anne