[SciPy-user] Optimization in numexpr for unaligned arrays

Francesc Altet faltet@carabos....
Mon Apr 23 13:22:42 CDT 2007

Hi,

I've filed a patch with ticket #400 of SciPy trac. I've tried to assign
it to David, but it seems that I've not privileges to do this.

Anyway, I'm puzzled about why, when working with unaligned arrays, a
plain "a.copy()" in Python space can be faster (between a 30% and a 70%)
than a 'PyArray_SimpleNewFromDescr' call in C space.

Any hints?

--
Francesc Altet    |  Be careful about using the following code --
Carabos Coop. V.  |  I've only proven that it works,