[SciPy-user] random numbers in scipy

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Wed Apr 25 12:40:26 CDT 2007

Giovanni Samaey wrote:

> Thanks:  I will go through the docstrings that I find for other numpy
> modules and add one for numpy.random in the same style.
> Since numpy.random is, strictly speaking, a numpy package and not a
> scipy package, I don't know where I should put it on the wiki.
> Can I just create an account to make a trac ticket or should I ask for one?

Make yourself an account on the numpy Trac:

  http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/register

Then you will see a "New Ticket" option in the navigation bar. If you are
submitting an actual patch file, be sure to check the box "I have files to
attach to this ticket" at the bottom of the new ticket page and then submit. You
will then be given a chance to upload the patch file.

> This being said: don't be surprised if it takes a few weeks...  I put it
> on my to-do list and it will show up when I am able to do this.
> But I am making a hard commitment for myself and towards you guys.  It
> is my pleasure to help you create documentation if it only involves
> translating loose emails and experience into a proper docstring :-)

Any level of assistance is appreciated. Thank you.

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco