[SciPy-user] Solve for symmetric matrix?

Anand Patil anand@soe.ucsc....
Thu Apr 26 10:33:28 CDT 2007

> If the matrix has a zero eigenvalue, it has a nullspace so it's
> singular so you can't really invert it. However, if you know in
> advance that the RHS vector is orthogonal to the nullspace you can
> solve for the remaining components using a low-rank submatrix.

I mean if you know in advance that the _LHS_ vector (the vector you're
solving for) is orthogonal to the nullspace you can solve for the
remaining components using a _full_-rank submatrix. Ehh, too much to do.