[SciPy-user] Creating my own pseudo-Enthought installer

Ryan Krauss ryanlists@gmail....
Fri Apr 27 07:59:47 CDT 2007

I am making some progress at converting my students and colleagues to
Scipy and friends from other, lesser, comercial programs.  One of the
biggest hurdles is getting everything installed.  Enthought is great,
but doens't get updated super often.  I understand why and appreciate
what they do and am not complaining.  Is there a relatively easy way
for me to make my own installer that does what Enthought Python does
so that I can have a more updated version available for my students
and colleagues?  Right now I tell them to install Enthought and then
upgrade Numpy/Scipy/Matplotlib.

Thanks,

Ryan