[SciPy-user] Error in SciPy install on Zenwalk-4.6.1 system.

Wed Aug 1 00:17:33 CDT 2007

Robert Kern wrote:
> David Cournapeau wrote:
>
>> Anand, I answer to you in this mail since it seems your reply is
>> mislocated in your email. To fetch numpy and scipy from sources, you
>> need to install subversion first, and then:
>>
>> svn co http://svn.scipy.org/svn/numpy/trunk numpy.svn
>> svn co http://svn.scipy.org/svn/scipy/trunk scipy.svn
>>
>> And then build numpy and scipy from sources as usual. Note that your
>> problem is not scipy but numpy (numpy is used by scipy to build).
>
> Well, sort of. While I shouldn't have removed get_path(), odr's setup.py
> shouldn't have been using it. Of course, the fault is mine for both!

Is this the only problem arising when building current relased scipy +
nump ? I don't remember the details, but I had to backport other changes
to make rpms build and succeed the test suites (maybe this was only for
64 bits arch, don't remember).

David