[SciPy-user] histogram equalization using scipy.interpolate.splrep

David Huard david.huard@gmail....
Thu Aug 2 08:24:08 CDT 2007

Hi Sebastian,

I know next to nothing about image transforms but it appears to me you could
solve your problem by the following.

a: image array

fa = a.flatten()

sa = sort(fa)
c = a1.cumsum()/sa[-1]  # This is the cumulative distribution function [0,1]
c = c*(max-min)+min     # Scale the CDF to whatever scale you're using (eg.
[0,256])

# Apply the scaling to the original image
y = interp(fa, aa, c).

# Reshape to the original form.
new_a = y.reshape(a.shape)

Or am I out of it ?