[SciPy-user] Testing BOF at scipy'07?

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Thu Aug 2 12:48:38 CDT 2007

On 8/2/07, Robert Kern <robert.kern@gmail.com> wrote:
> Robert Cimrman wrote:
> > Fernando Perez wrote:
> >> I wonder if we could plan on 2 bofs a night.  Titus is already signed
> >> up as moderator for one on Thursday:
> >>
> >> http://scipy.org/SciPy2007/BoFs
> >>
> >> and I'd like to have him in for the testing one as well.  If we could
> >> plan something like
> >>
> >>       bof1             bof2
> >>
> >> 7-8   vis3d            bio
> >> 8-9   testing          astronomy
> >
> > I wonder if some material from those bofs will be on-line as I belong to
> > the unfortunate crowd unable to visit the conference. Especially vid3d,
> > bio and testing are of major interest for me.
>
> BOFs tend not to have many artifacts like slide sets. They're mostly just
> discussions. However, we can suggest that there be one person at each who will
> take notes for posting.

I volunteer to take notes in the vis3d one, where I won't be moderating.

I will also bring a little music player that has microphone recording.
 We'll see how good of a job it does though, since instead of a single
speaker there will be people all over the room talking.  If it's
listenable, we'll post the files later on the wiki.

I can only be in one place at a time, so if someone else can do the
same thing for the other two BOFs, great.

Cheers,