[SciPy-user] Testing BOF at scipy'07?

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Thu Aug 2 12:51:04 CDT 2007

On 8/2/07, Prabhu Ramachandran <prabhu@aero.iitb.ac.in> wrote:

>     Fernando> I wonder if we could plan on 2 bofs a night.  Titus is
>     Fernando> already signed up as moderator for one on Thursday:
>
>     Fernando> http://scipy.org/SciPy2007/BoFs
>
>     Fernando> and I'd like to have him in for the testing one as well.
>     Fernando> If we could plan something like
>
>       bof1             bof2
>
> 7-8   vis3d            bio
> 8-9   testing          astronomy
>
> This schedule sounds good to me.  Will we be able to make it at 7:00pm
> to the bof?

Honestly I'm not sure, it's a bit tight.  Do we put instead two for
Thursday and leave the other two for Wednesday night, at the risk of
losing some people?  I also worry that just one hour per bof is really
not enough, since they tend to generate a lot of animated discussion.

For both reasons I'm leaning towards bofs on Wednesday, at the risk of
losing a few people.

Thoughts?

Cheers,