[SciPy-user] fftw3 wrappers

Lars Friedrich lfriedri@imtek...
Tue Aug 7 04:10:45 CDT 2007

Hello,

in the numpy mailing list, I was told that

>     - if you care about speed (that is, faster than numpy), then use
> scipy.fftpack with fftw3: there are wrappers in scipy for it.

I am using version '0.5.3.dev3173' of scipy. Where do I find the
fftw3-wrappers? When I just use scipy.fftpack.fft2, I do not see any
speedup compared to numpy.fft.fft2. I googled a bit and found this page:

http://pylab.sourceforge.net/

that has code for fftw2.1.3, but the page says that it is old.

Do I need to compile scipy with some fftw3-switch turned on?

Thanks

Lars

--
Dipl.-Ing. Lars Friedrich

Photonic Measurement Technology
Department of Microsystems Engineering -- IMTEK
University of Freiburg
Georges-Köhler-Allee 102
D-79110 Freiburg
Germany