[SciPy-user] New scipy release before 8/20?

Stefan van der Walt stefan@sun.ac...
Tue Aug 7 18:08:01 CDT 2007

On Tue, Aug 07, 2007 at 08:32:41AM -0500, Ryan Krauss wrote:
> I would like to encourage my students to use Python in my class this
> Fall.  The first day of class is 8/20.  I have had mediocre luck
> building my own windows installers and I would prefer that the start
> up warnings about scipy.test now being called numpy.test not be
> displayed.

The friendly guys at Enthought go to the trouble already, so why not
let your students use

http://code.enthought.com/enstaller

Enthough currently allows you to mirror their eggs, even, so you can
download them on behalf of your students and create a local
repository.

See, for example, the instruction at the bottom of

http://dip.sun.ac.za/courses/ComputerVision/

Regards
Stéfan