[SciPy-user] memory usage

Emanuele Zattin emanuelez@gmail....
Thu Aug 9 07:35:15 CDT 2007

Hello,

i'm finally done with my implementation of a comet detector so right
now i need to tweak some parameters.
It makes quite a heavy use of images and big arrays so it's quite
hungry of memory, so hungry that right now it will fill up the 768
megabytes of memory of my machine in no time.
i would like to investigate the reasons and find a solution so i think
i need to know more about python's way to manage memory.
for example... do i need to delete arrays i don't use anymore? if so... how?
do i need to close images after i've read data from them?

any hint for debugging and profiling is welcome!

--
Emanuele Zattin