[SciPy-user] New scipy release before 8/20?

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Fri Aug 10 19:34:31 CDT 2007

On 8/10/07, Stefan van der Walt <stefan@sun.ac.za> wrote:

> Another option is to build the packages under vmware.  If you can
> obtain a licensed copy of windows somewhere, there are instructions on
> the internet on how to create a vmware image.  Vmplayer is a free
> download.

The player is free but doesn't allow you to create new images, only to
run existing ones.  The vmware SERVER, however, is now also freely
available

http://www.vmware.com/download/server/

The advantage is that the server product allows the creation of new
images, hence is the one you want if you are going to make a fresh
WinXP install on a linux box.  I've used it successfully under Ubuntu
for a while, and  I love it.

cheers,