[SciPy-user] Welch's ttest

Peter PootyTang peter.pootytang@gmail....
Mon Aug 13 13:58:05 CDT 2007

Hello,

I am converting some code from 'R' to using scipy, and the ttest
results aren't matching.  I figured out that the reason is because of
the versions of the ttest that are being used.  In 'R' I am doing a
ttest without the assumtion that the deviations are the same for both
samples.  However, I can't find the same test in scipy.  tt_ind might
work, except my basline and sample sets have different sizes.

Does anyone know how to implement to Welch's ttest using scipy?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welch%27s_t_test

Thanks!
Peter