[SciPy-user] How to free memory allocated to array in weave.inline?

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Sun Aug 26 12:14:11 CDT 2007

On 8/26/07, Gael Varoquaux <gael.varoquaux@normalesup.org> wrote:

> What really bothers me is that it does not work if I use empty instead of
> ones. It must be due to a type problem, probably the blitz converters not
> guessing properly the type of the input array, but I'd really appreciate
> some better explaination of that, and some info on the right way to use
> empty with inline.

It would probably be a good idea to open this as a ticket against
weave.  I've used this pattern a lot but in my case I'd always needed
zeroed-out memory, so I'd used zeros().  But I had always assumed
empty() would work just as well, and if it doesn't, it should probably
be considered a weave bug.  Have you had a look at the auto-generated
code for the two cases?  A quick diff might be revealing...

Cheers,