[SciPy-user] pylab pyCrust/pythonWin crash

Mon Aug 27 11:38:20 CDT 2007

On Mon, Aug 27, 2007 at 12:31:15PM -0400, Jose Unpingco wrote:
> I am using the Enthought Windows XP distribution of scipy.

> >From pyCrust or pythonWin  I  create a simple plot as in :

> >> from pylab import *
> >> a =arange(10)
> >>plot(a,a)
> >> show()

> * I close the window using the mouse *

> >> plot(a,a)

> * window crashes with the following error*

> ---------------------------
> Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
> ---------------------------
> Runtime Error!

> Program: C:\Python24\pythonw.exe

This is a FAQ :-> (I asked it a bit more than a year ago).

See http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/interactive.html about this.

I strongly suggest that you use ipython with pylab. It comes with a lot
of extra goodies (like easy use of the debugger, or dimensioned physics
variables, see http://showmedo.com/videos/series?name=CnluURUTV for more
info.

HTH,

Gaël