[SciPy-user] neighbourhood of randomly scattered points

Thu Aug 30 03:46:54 CDT 2007

> If these points were uniformly distributed,
> I think I could not see theses structures: theses structures are not an
> artifact.

If you draw n points from a gaussian distribution, it won't fit exactly a
gaussian distribution, it's the same for an uniform distribution. Besides,
if you draw n points for your array, it won't be uniform either, you should
draw 100*n points and then you should have something almost uniform.

If you really want to have no structures, use a weak generator (linear
congruence) with n as its period. But then, it won't be random.

Matthieu