[SciPy-user] Need help for installing numpy & scipy on linux with MKL

Jaonary Rabarisoa jaonary@free...
Thu Aug 30 15:10:38 CDT 2007

Hi all,

I'm trying to install scipy on a linux distribution with intel MKL.
When I run the command

  > python setup.py config

I get this output

F2PY Version 2_4024
blas_opt_info:
blas_mkl_info:
   libraries mkl,vml not found in /usr/local/lib
   libraries mkl,vml not found in /usr/lib
   NOT AVAILABLE

It seems that it couldn't find the MKL library. I've create a
site.cfg file with

123 [mkl]
124 library_dirs = /certis/nosave2/rabariso/local/intel/mkl/64
125 mkl_libs = mkl,vml
126 include_dirs =/certis/nosave2/rabariso/local/intel/mkl/include

as said in installation instruction on the scipy web site. I put this
file in the distutils directory (or in my numpy root directory) end
even with that it didn't find MKL at all.

Your help will be appreciated,

Best regards,

Jaonary