[SciPy-user] RE : Re: RE : Re: RE : Re: How to free unused memory by Python

Robert VERGNES robert.vergnes@yahoo...
Fri Aug 31 06:49:10 CDT 2007

Used memory in linux or windows is displayed on by the windows task manager ( win) (ctrl+alt+del) or by the system memory manager (or Task Manager) ( depending on your linux version i Think). So you can see how much ofyour physical memory is used while running progs.

So apprently gc cannot redeem memory to the OS... so it seems without solution for the moment - apart from out-process the task which load memory too much. And kill it each it when it has done its work so the memory is given back to the OS.

Any other ideas ?

Gael Varoquaux <gael.varoquaux@normalesup.org> a écrit : On Mon, Aug 27, 2007 at 03:59:13PM +0200, Robert VERGNES wrote:
>    something like lists not being carbage collected ? strange...

No, juste references lying around because of magic variables.

Can you ran your tests in a script to check for this, rather than an
interactiv environment (I would do so, but I do not know how you test for
used memory).

Gaël