[SciPy-user] weave and compiler install help

Tue Dec 4 00:42:05 CST 2007

Last time I tried to used another compiler than GCC with weave, it didn't
work because the Blitz header are not included for another compiler in the
repository. So even if the compiler is correctly installed, you won't be
able to use weave because of this.

Matthieu

2007/12/4, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com>:

> On Dec 3, 2007 4:50 PM, Michael ODonnell <odonnems@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > Is there a chance I need to set an environment variable that points to
> the
> > SDK includes. I noticed that if I copied over C:\Program Files\Microsoft
> > Visual C++ Toolkit 2003\include\io.h and ran the compiler, an error
> occurred
> > for no float.h files (also found in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual
> C++
> > Toolkit 2003\include). In the command line / syntax, which I posted,
> there
> > is no include for this directory, but I would think the compiler would
> see
> > this. And it still does not explain why mingw or cygwin is not working
> for
> > me either.
> >

> > thanks and sorry for all the stupid postings, suggestions from me!
>
> If your compiler isn't finding float.h, then it really sounds like a
> configuration problem.  I'm afraid on that front I don't know how to
> help, since I've never used a compiler under Windows, but perhaps
> someone else may be able to provide you with some guidance.
>
> Cheers,

French PhD student
Website : http://miles.developpez.com/