[SciPy-user] Building VTK

Pye Fie fie.pye@atlas...
Wed Dec 12 15:46:09 CST 2007

Hi Metthieu.
Than you for your response. I posted my question on VTK ML first.
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2007-December/093627.html
Unfortunately I didn't get any answer until now.

You asker about my compiler.
CentOS 5.0 is compiled with gcc 4.1. I installed also gcc 4.2 and gcc 3.4.6 on the PC.

I would like to have a computational environment based on Python and its module. I compiled Python and module Ipython, SciPy, NumPy, tables, matplotlib, wxpython ......... and libraries such as BLAS, LAPACK, ATLAS, HDF5, ........ with gcc3.4.6. Now I continue with compiling VTK with gcc3.4.6 too. More information about compilation setup is the file CMakeCache.txt.

Best regards.
Fie pye

Od: Matthieu Brucher
Přijato: 11.12.2007 21:18:04
Předmět: Re: [SciPy-user] Building VTK
Besides, you tell us you use GCC 3.4.6 but in your description, it is GCC 4.2...
The issue may be solved by linking against GCC libraries, but again, the VTK ML may be a better place for the solution.
Matthieu
2007/12/11, Matthieu Brucher <matthieu.brucher@gmail.com>: Hi,
This issue is related to a C++ problem in VTK, not Python, so we can't say much. I advise you to post this on the VTK ML.
Matthieu
2007/12/11, Pye Fie < fie.pye@atlas.cz>:Hello.
I would like to build and install VTK and MayaVi2.
PC: 2x Dual-core Opteron
275
OS: CentOS 5.0, kernel 2.6.18-8.1.15.el5
OS compiler: gcc version 4.2.0, gfortran
have already built and installed python2.5.1 and other module with compiler gcc3.4.6 .
Now I can't build VTK. I am building with gcc3.4.6. Building stops on the following
error:
[ 74%] Building CXX object IO/CMakeFiles/vtkIOTCL.dir/vtkZLibDataCompressorTcl.o
[
74%] Building CXX object IO/CMakeFiles/vtkIOTCL.dir/vtkIOTCLInit.o
Linking CXX shared
library ../bin/libvtkIOTCL.so
[ 74%] Built target vtkIOTCL
Scanning dependencies
of target vtkParseOGLExt
[ 74%] Building CXX object Utilities/ParseOGLExt/CMakeFiles/vtkParseOGLExt.dir/ParseOGLExt.o
[
74%] Building CXX object Utilities/ParseOGLExt/CMakeFiles/vtkParseOGLExt.dir/Tokenizer.o
Linking
CXX executable ../../bin/vtkParseOGLExt
CMakeFiles/vtkParseOGLExt.dir/Tokenizer.o:
In function `std::__verify_grouping(char const*, unsigned long, std::basic_string
std::char_traits, std::allocator > const&amp;)':
Tokenizer.cxx:(.text+0x19):
undefined reference to `std::basic_string, std::allocator
>::size() const'
Tokenizer.cxx:(.text+0x70): undefined reference to `std::basic_string
std::char_traits, std::allocator >::operator[](unsigned long) const'
Tokenizer.cxx : (.text+0xb0):
undefined reference to `std::basic_string, std::allocator
>::operator[](unsigned long) const'
Tokenizer.cxx:(.text+0xdd): undefined reference
to `std::basic_string, std::allocator >::operator[](unsigned
long) const'
CMakeFiles/vtkParseOGLExt.dir/Tokenizer.o: In function `Tokenizer::Tokenizer(char
const*, char const*)':
Tokenizer.cxx:(.text+0x12a): undefined reference to `std::allocator::allocator()'
Tokenizer.cxx:(.text+0x13b):
undefined reference to `std::basic_string, std::allocator
>::basic_string(char const*, std::allocator const&amp;)'
Tokenizer.cxx:(.text+0x14e):
undefined reference to `std::allocator::~allocator()'
Tokenizer.cxx:(.text+0x164):
undefined reference to `std::allocator::~allocator()'
Tokenizer.cxx:(.text+0x16d):
undefined reference to `std::allocator::allocator()'
Tokenizer.cxx:(.text+0x182):
undefined reference to `std::basic_string, std::allocator
>::basic_string(char const*, std::allocator const&amp;)'
The list continues. It
seams that there is something wrong with OpenGL but I can't find what is wrong. Could
anybody help me?
I have attached more detailed information about VTK configuration,
building output and building script.
Best regards
fie pye
French PhD student