[SciPy-user] time series: Python vs. R

Tim Michelsen timmichelsen@gmx-topmail...
Wed Dec 12 18:35:40 CST 2007

Hello,
first of all it's nice to hear that there are a few more interested to
get on with time series.

Unfortunately, I haven't found a lot of time to investigate into the
packages. Time's kinda short at the end of the year... I just finished
to install them on my Ubuntu box with checkinstall.

I stumbled onto the R package time series.

It looks like R can really read structured data with ease.

Where would you see the advantage of using Python when analysing time
series over R? Where is R (still) stronger?

I think for the long run Python will help be more because it would be
easier to write filters for the measurement data and include it with all
the other modules available...

Would been nice to hear about your experiences.

Kind regards,
Timmie