[SciPy-user] Mathematica Element-wise Multiplication

David Warde-Farley dwf@cs.toronto....
Thu Dec 20 16:39:30 CST 2007

On 20-Dec-07, at 5:21 PM, Matthieu Brucher wrote:

>> Would it be totally crazy to throw an exception if you try to
>> access .T on a 1D array?  Since it's not meaningful, I don't see a
>> compelling reason why it should need to succeed.

I can't think of a situation where code would need to be generic
enough to need to acceptably call what's basically a no-op on a 1D
array. But you might be right. Still, I think it should be
discouraged somehow, for the benefit of new users; perhaps a warn()?

David