[SciPy-user] assignment of hours of day in time series

Nuttall, Brandon C bnuttall@uky....
Fri Dec 28 18:06:57 CST 2007

Timmie,

I'd start with the Python built-in datetime module and see if that helps.

Brandon

From: scipy-user-bounces@scipy.org [scipy-user-bounces@scipy.org] On Behalf Of Tim Michelsen [timmichelsen@gmx-topmail.de]
Sent: Thursday, December 27, 2007 12:45 PM
To: scipy-user@scipy.org
Subject: [SciPy-user] assignment of hours of day in time series

Hello,
how do I assign the hours of a day in time series?

I have hourly measurements where hour 1 represents the end of the period
0:00-1:00, 2 the end of the period 1:00-2:00, ... , 24 the end of the
period 23:00 to 24:00.

When I plot these hourly time series from February to November the curve
is continued into December because of that matter. time series then
assumes that the value for hour 0:00 of dec, 01 is 0 which then leads do
a wrong plotting behaviour.

I want to achieve that hour 24 is accounted as the last measurement
period of a day and not as the first measurement of the next day (like
0:00).

Please help me out here.

Thanks in advance,
Timmie