[SciPy-user] Ann: OpenOpt v 0.15 (free optimization framework)

Lev Givon lev@columbia....
Mon Dec 31 12:07:51 CST 2007

Received from dmitrey on Sat, Dec 15, 2007 at 03:17:06PM EST:
> Hi all,
> we are glad to inform you about OpenOpt v 0.15 (release), free (license:
> BSD) optimization framework for Python language programmers
>
> Changes since previous release (September 4):
>
>     * some new classes
>     * several new solvers written
>     * some more solvers connected
>     * NLP/NSP solver ralg can handle constrained problems
>     * some bugfixes
>     * some enhancements in graphical output (especially for constrained
> problems)
>
> Regards,
> OpenOpt developers
> http://scipy.org/scipy/scikits/wiki/OpenOpt
> http://openopt.blogspot.com/

Why are there two tarballs available for download on
http://scipy.org/scipy/scikits/wiki/OpenOptInstall? They both seem to
contain the same version of the software.

							L.G.