[SciPy-user] error importing scipy

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Thu Feb 1 10:56:14 CST 2007

Chiara Caronna wrote:
> Hello,
> since a couple of days I got an error when I try to run "from scipy import
> *"
> here is the error message....
>

> " Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/scipy/linalg/__init__.py",
> line 8, in ?
>     from basic import *
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/scipy/linalg/basic.py", line
> 227, in ?
>     import decomp
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/scipy/linalg/decomp.py", line
> 21, in ?
>     from blas import get_blas_funcs
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/scipy/linalg/blas.py", line
> 14, in ?
>     from scipy.linalg import fblas
> ImportError: /usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/scipy/linalg/fblas.so:
> undefined symbol: srotmg_"
>
> does anyone have a clue?!

Your scipy was not linked to a BLAS library correctly. What BLAS library were
you trying to link against? Where are its files located on your system? Did you
use a site.cfg file to configure scipy? Can you show us the output of

  $ cd ~/src/scipy  # or whatever
  $ python setup.py configure

--
Robert Kern