[SciPy-user] error importing scipy

Per Jr. Greisen pgreisen@gmail....
Thu Feb 1 13:12:11 CST 2007

Hi,

Maybe this work . on suse machines there should be a yast to configure new
programs. From yast it should be possible to get BLAS and LAPACK libraries

(regarding suse 8.4 maybe you should try to upgrade it)

On 2/1/07, Chiara Caronna <chiaracaronna@hotmail.com> wrote:

> >From: Robert Kern <robert.kern@gmail.com>
> >To: SciPy Users List <scipy-user@scipy.org>
> >Subject: Re: [SciPy-user] error importing scipy
> >Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 11:41:46 -0600

> >library
> > >
> > > '_' ... I have never tried to do that... at least I am not aware of...
> >
> >Okay, what kind of system are you on? If Linux, what distribution?
>
> I have Linux, Suse 8.4 (quite old, I know, but I can't change it, it's my
> office pc...)
>
> >What LAPACK and BLAS packages do you have installed?
> I have never installed them... how can I check which I have?
>

> >--
> >Robert Kern
> >
> >"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless
> >enigma
> >  that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though
> it
> >had
> >  an underlying truth."
> >   -- Umberto Eco

Best regards
Per Jr. Greisen

"If you make something idiot-proof, the universe creates a better idiot."