[SciPy-user] error importing scipy

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Thu Feb 1 13:53:07 CST 2007

Chiara Caronna wrote:
>> From: Robert Kern <robert.kern@gmail.com>
>> To: SciPy Users List <scipy-user@scipy.org>
>> Subject: Re: [SciPy-user] error importing scipy
>> Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 11:41:46 -0600

>> library
>>> '_' ... I have never tried to do that... at least I am not aware of...
>> Okay, what kind of system are you on? If Linux, what distribution?
>
> I have Linux, Suse 8.4 (quite old, I know, but I can't change it, it's my
> office pc...)
>
>> What LAPACK and BLAS packages do you have installed?
> I have never installed them... how can I check which I have?

Apparently you have since the configuration process has found some such
libraries in /usr/lib/. That means that they were most likely installed from
SuSE packages. You might need to talk to the person that administers your
computer to find out what packages they installed.

SuSE has often been problematic, especially with regards to its LAPACK and BLAS
libraries. I'm afraid that I don't know much of the details, like which versions
of which specific packages are known to work. Other people with SuSE experience
will have to chime in here.

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."