[SciPy-user] error importing scipy

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Thu Feb 1 14:58:20 CST 2007

Eike Welk wrote:
> So, is there a way to compile NumPy and SciPy without using BLAS and
> LAPACK at all?

Depends on what you mean by that. Strictly speaking, no; at least parts of BLAS
and LAPACK must be used somewhere along the line. numpy includes implementations
for the parts it needs if an already installed BLAS and LAPACK cannot be found.
However, you can build BLAS and LAPACK yourself relatively easily if you don't
care about optimization.

http://www.scipy.org/Installing_SciPy/BuildingGeneral#head-e618da78f29d5a85f680cc47e574a84951c8dffb

--
Robert Kern