[SciPy-user] Doesn't Scipy have the Fermi-Dirac distribution?

Lev Givon lev@columbia....
Sun Feb 11 14:13:08 CST 2007

Received from Hui Chang Moon on Sun, Feb 11, 2007 at 10:01:51AM EST:
> I am a graduate school student.
> Nowadays I'm writing a semiconductor simulation code with numpy and scipy.
> In my field, the Fermi-Dirac distribution function is frequently used.
> I hope to know if the scipy has the Fermi-Dirac distribution function or
> not.
>
> Have a nice day~! ^o^

As of version 0.5.2, I don't believe so.

It is worth noting that one can create a random variable with the
Fermi-Dirac distribution as its PDF by extending the
scipy.stats.rv_continuous class as described in
$PYTHONHOME/site-packages/scipy/stats/distribution.py

							L.G.