[SciPy-user] scipy.optimize.leastsq error estimates

Nils Wagner nwagner@iam.uni-stuttgart...
Wed Feb 14 06:40:58 CST 2007

Chiara Caronna wrote:
> ok I have scipy 0.5.2... I guess this is the problem...
> How can I get the 0.5.3 version, It seems that 0.5.2 is the last version
> available on scipy.org...

You can get the latest version via

svn co http://svn.scipy.org/svn/scipy/trunk scipy

If you use 0.5.2

look into the directory scipy/Lib/sandbox
and create a file called enabled_packages.txt which should contain

odr

in the first line (a new line for each package)
Afterwards you have to reinstall scipy. Assuming that 0.5.2 has odr in
the sandbox
you can import odr from the sandbox afterwards.
If you use the svn version you can import odr from the main tree.

import scipy.odr

Anyway there is an open ticket wrt odr
http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/scipy/ticket/357

Nils